|Consejo Regulador de las Denominaciones de Origen "Jerez-Xérès-Sherry" - "Manzanilla-Sanlúcar de Barrameda" - "Vinagre de Jerez"|
ENTRIES FOR THIS COMPETITION ARE NOW CLOSED. USE THE HASHTAG #SHERRYWEEKBLOG TO FOLLOW THE FOOD PAIRINGS CREATED BY THE SELECTED 20 BLOGGERS.
Come up with a delicious dish on your blog, pair it with a Sherry Wine and win dinner for two at one of the world's top restaurants, El Celler de Can Roca.
Are you a curious food blogger who relishes a challenge? Who loves cooking creative dishes but also likes to experiment with pairing - finding the perfect wine to match a dish?
If you’ve never tried Sherry before, no matter. No previous experience needed!
We’re looking for 20 food bloggers who excel at engaging with their audience and sharing their culinary discoveries, to create a dish to pair with Sherry. You don’t have to use Spanish food - the more unusual, the more local to where you live, the better - we want you to challenge the norms, and tickle our taste buds with exciting and innovative flavour combinations. Sherry is not just an aperitif or dessert wine, but is highly versatile and pairs beautifully with a huge variety of foods, so the sky’s the limit!
Why not be inspired by the professional chefs and sommeliers of the Copa Jerez Gastronomic Forum, the prestigious biannual international food and Sherry pairing competition? Find out more here.
"Where the Roca brothers combine technique with taste, experimentation with tranquillity"
Twice ranked No.1 in the world, El Celler de Can Roca is located in the medieval city of Girona in Catalunya, northern Spain. The fortunate winners will be invited to visit Josep Roca’s magical walk-in cellar, where his passion for Sherry Wines is evident.
Prize is valid for 12 months and includes all Sherry Wines. No transport or travel is included in the prize.
Firstly, you need to register for the competition before October 19th 2017.
Twenty finalists will then be chosen from all the entrants, and each finalist will receive a randomly-selected bottle of Sherry by October 27th 2017 - you’ll have one week to come up with an original and innovative dish to match the Sherry you’ve been allocated. Dishes should ideally be local to where you live, perhaps a traditional recipe using regional, seasonal ingredients, which will enhance your allocated Sherry Wine.
The wines in your blog must only feature the wines of the D.O of Jerez-Xeres-Sherry or the D.O of Manzanilla - Sanlúcar de Barrameda
The winner will NOT be chosen based on the reach of their blog but instead, the winner will be chosen based on the creativity of the pairing and how they share their blog and the creative process on social media using the hashtag #sherryweekblog.
The winner will be chosen by a panel of judges including world-renowned chefs and sommeliers including Josep Roca of El Celler de Can Roca, Chef Leon Mazairac and Sommelier Goos van den Berg Of Restaurant Podium onder de Dom - Champions of the 7th Copa Jerez contest 2017 - and the president of Sherry’s Governing Council, Beltran Domecq.
Finalists will publish the blog post featuring the recipe pairing (with photos) any day during Sherry Week 6-12 November, to join in with Sherry Week’s celebrations, as well as sharing your pairing on social media channels.
1. The promoter is El Consejo Regulador Jerez-Xeres-Sherry, company no. CIF Q 1171002 G whose registered office is at Avda. Alcalde Álvaro Domecq, 2, 11402 Jerez de la Frontera, Cádiz, Spain.
2. There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
3. Route to entry for the competition is via the registration form at sherryweek.wine
4. Closing date for entry will be 19th October 2017. After this date, no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
5. The 20 finalists will be notified by email on Friday October 20th and receive the sample wine no later than October 27th.
6. The recipe must be published online during the week of November 6th - 12th, 2017 to be eligible to win.
7. By entering the competition the winner hereby authorises the promoter to publicly disclose and publish the recipe on sherry.wine in multiple languages, throughout an established period of copyright of a minimum of 3 months. Likewise, it is understood that this authorisation is given free of charge.
8. The final winner will be chosen by a team of judges including Josep Roca of El Celler de Can Roca, Beltrán Domecq - President Consejo Regulador and Chef Leon Mazairac and Sommelier Goos van den Berg Of Restaurant Podium onder de Dom, Champions of the 7th Copa Jerez contest 2017
9. The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
10. The promoter reserves the right to not fulfil the prize should the level of participation not meet the requirements stated.
11. The prize entails a complimentary meal for two including all Sherry Wines at El Celler de Can Roca. No cash alternative to the prize will be offered. The prize is not transferable and is valid for a period of 12 months from the date the winner is announced publicly. Reservation must be made with a minimum of 3 months notice and will be dependent on the restaurant's availability.
12. The winner is responsible for their own transport to and from the restaurant. The promoter is not responsible for any additional costs such as travel or accommodation.