Win a trip for 2 to attend the international finals of Copa Jerez in Jerez, Spain in 2017. Simply register a Sherry wine & gastronomy-themed event before October 30th & share your activities from your event with the hashtag #sherryweek to win.
Copa Jerez is an international food and Sherry pairing competition in which chef and sommelier teams from eight different countries, compete in a quest to find the most harmonious combinations. You and a friend will have the opportunity to learn from some of the world´s best, joining the Copa Jerez finalists on their intimate tours of the bodegas, markets and experiencing the gastronomy of the Sherry region first hand.
- Return economy airfares, 4 nights accommodation in a 3-star hotel with breakfast included,
- Transport to and from the Copa Jerez event and you will join the Copa Jerez finalists on all of their activities including trips to 3 Bodegas and
- VIP access to the Copa Jerez international finals including backstage, media and judges room
* The winner must be available to travel in either May or June 2017. (The final date of the Copa Jerez finals will be announced no later than February 2017)
How to enter:
- You must register your event on the website sherryweek.wine before October 30th, 2016
- The wines in your event must only feature the wines of the D.O of Jerez-Xeres-Sherry or the D.O of Manzanilla - Sanlucar de Barrameda
- Your event must focus on wine and gastronomy, be sure to include this information in the event description
- The winner will be chosen based on the creativity of the event and how they share their event on social media using the hashtag #sherryweek *
* Social Media:
Using the hashtag #sherryweek the social analytics tool Tweetbinder will be used to measure the activities on Twitter and Instagram. The following analytics will be taken into consideration to determine the final winner.
- The Most Active: the person that sends the most tweets or posts to Instagram including retweets
- Highest Impact: the person who generated the most impact with tweets & or posts with their followers
- Top photographer: the person who shared the most pictures
Terms & Conditions:
1. The promoter is El Consejo Regulador Jerez-Xeres-Sherry, company no. CIF Q 1171002 G whose registered office is at Avda. Alcalde Álvaro Domecq, 2, 11402 Jerez de la Frontera Cádiz Spain.
2. There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
3. Route to entry for the competition are via http://www.sherry.wine/node/add/sherry-week
4. Closing date for entry will be October 30th 2016. After this date the no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
8. The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
9. The promoter reserves the right to not fulfill the prize should the level of participation not meet the requirements stated.
10. No cash alternative to the prizes will be offered. The prizes are not transferable.
11. The final winner will be chosen by a team of 3 judges including the executive team of the Consejo Regulador Jerez-Xeres-Sherry: Carmen Aumesquet, Beltrán Domecq, César Saldaña
12. The winner will be notified by email and/or letter on November 18th, 2016. If the winner cannot be contacted or do not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
13. The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
14. The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by Spanish law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Cadiz Spain.
15. The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current European data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
16. All expenses outside of those outlined in the prize above will be the responsibility of the winner.
17. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.