serving and consuming
Pairing Fino with food
It is an ideal aperitif wine and goes well with all types of tapa, especially olives, nuts and Iberian cured ham.
Also providing the perfect companion for shellfish and fish, especially those with a marked salty taste (anchovies) or even raw (sashimi).
Its low acetic acid content combines exceptionally well with dishes of marked acidity (vinaigrette salads, marinades, etc.) as well as with cold soups (gazpacho, ajo blanco, etc.).
Fino fast facts
- Alcoholic content between 15 y 18% vol. (generally, 15% vol.)
- Sugar < 5 gr. / litre (usually < 1 gr. / litre)
- Total Acidity (tartaric) 3 - 5 gr. / litre
- Volatile Acidity (acetic) <0,25 gr. / litre
- Very Low In Glycerine Content < 2 gr. / litre