serving and consuming
Pairing Amontillado with food
Amontillado should be served at a temperature of between 12 and 14º C.
It is an ideal wine to accompany soups and consommés, white meat, blue fish (tuna), wild mushrooms and semi-cured cheeses.
It combines perfectly with vegetables such as asparagus and artichokes.
Amontillado fast facts
- Alcoholic content between 16 and 22% vol.
- Sugar < 5 gr. / litre (normally < 1 gr. per litre)
- Total Acidity (tartaric) 4 - 6 gr. / litre
- Volatile Acidity (acetic) < 0,8 gr. / litre
- Very Low In Glycerine Content 3 - 5 gr. / litre