|Consejo Regulador de las Denominaciones de Origen "Jerez-Xérès-Sherry" - "Manzanilla-Sanlúcar de Barrameda" - "Vinagre de Jerez"|
Design a Sherry Week pairing menu showcasing at least three Sherry wines, explaining how they pair with your selected dishes, based around the theme: “If It Swims..., If It Flies..., If It Runs...”.
Register your Sherry Week event before 31 October 2017 and share your exciting and innovative activities on Social Media with the hashtag #sherryweek to WIN.
Every year the Regulatory Council of Sherry Wines organises two courses in Jerez – one in Spanish (in the spring), and the other in English (in the autumn) - offering advanced theory and practical training sessions over a two and a half day period. The course is highly selective, with only 20 candidates accepted in each language, and is extremely hands-on - the intensive programme includes on-site visits to three bodegas, classroom tutorials, masterclasses and tastings. At the end of the sessions, students take an evaluation test in which they have to demonstrate their knowledge, both theoretical and practical. The successful candidates receive a diploma which qualifies them as OFFICIAL CERTIFIED SHERRY EDUCATORS.
* The winner must be available to travel either in April 2018 for the Spanish Seminar or in September 2018 for the English seminar. (The final date of the Sherry Educator course will be announced no later than February 2018.
Using the hashtag #sherryweek the social analytics tool Tweetbinder will measure activities on Twitter and Instagram.
The following analytics will be taken into consideration to determine the final winner.
Most Active: the person who sends the most tweets (including retweets) and/or posts to Instagram
Highest Impact: the person whose Social Media activity generates the most impact with their followers
1. The promoter is El Consejo Regulador Jerez-Xeres-Sherry, company no. CIF Q 1171002 G whose registered office is at Avda. Alcalde Álvaro Domecq, 2, 11402 Jerez de la Frontera, Cádiz, Spain.
2. There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
4. Closing date for entry will be 1 November 2017. After this date, no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
5. The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
6. The promoter reserves the right to not fulfil the prize should the level of participation not meet the requirements stated.
7. No cash alternative to the prizes will be offered. The prizes are not transferable.
8. The final winner will be chosen by a team of 3 judges including the executive team of the Consejo Regulador Jerez-Xeres-Sherry: Carmen Aumesquet, Beltrán Domecq, César Saldaña
9. The winner will be notified by email and/or letter on 18 November 2017. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
10. The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
11. The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by Spanish law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Cadiz, Spain.
12. The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current European data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
13. All expenses outside of those outlined in the prize above will be the responsibility of the winner.
14. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.