!-- Facebook Pixel Code -->
|Consejo Regulador de las Denominaciones de Origen "Jerez-Xérès-Sherry" - "Manzanilla-Sanlúcar de Barrameda" - "Vinagre de Jerez"|
Tell us which delicious dish you’d pair with Sherry in a post on your blog, and you could win a foodie and Sherry lover's dream prize – a trip through Sherry Country experiencing the Ruta del Vino y Brandy de Marco de Jerez.
Are you a food and/or wine blogger who excels at communicating your passion for gastronomy, inspiring your audience with innovative and exciting culinary creations, harmoniously matched with wines? Can you come up with a fabulous dish that is perfectly paired with Sherry?
From the bloggers who enter this competition, 20 finalists will be chosen to come up with a pour-and-pair for a specific Sherry.
Just because Sherry hails from Spain, your dish doesn’t have to follow the same geographical origins – it could be a traditional dish celebrated in the area or country where you live currently, or perhaps one you enjoyed at family occasions when you were a child. We want you to venture beyond typical pairings and amaze and delight us with novel taste combinations so that the flavours of your dish and Sherry work to enhance each other.
As all Sherry-lovers know, Sherry is not just an aperitif or dessert wine, but is extremely versatile and pairs superbly with an extraordinarily wide variety of foods, from delicious snacks such as olives, almonds and cheese, to pork to desserts. You don’t have to stick to any set formula; there are no rules or limitations on your dish or pairing.
Why not be inspired by the professional chefs and sommeliers of the Copa Jerez Gastronomic Forum, the prestigious biannual international food and Sherry pairing competition most recently held in May this year? Find out click here.
You and your guest will visit three bodegas, one in each of the three Sherry towns: Jerez de la Frontera, El Puerto de Santa Maria, and Sanlucar de Barrameda.
Additionally, you will dine together at three establishments in the Sherry capital, Jerez. All restaurants are featured in the Ruta del Vinos y Brandy, and, naturally, all include exceptional sherry wine menus.
La Cruz Blanca offers contemporary twists on traditional Jerezano dishes, while the Sherry pairing menu at La Carbona has grilled duck matched with oloroso, and squid and mushroom risotto paired with amontillado. At Atuvera, a restored 17th-century stable, the mood is fusion: shrimp tortilla and guacamole taco, and pork ribs with chocolate and oloroso.
The winner and their guest will stay at La Fonda Barranco, a converted 19th merchant’s mansion with Moorish décor, located in the heart of Sherry capital, close to the bodegas, and named as “one of the best hotels in Andalucia” by The Times.
The Sherry and Jerez Brandy Route takes you through eight different towns that capture the essence of Andalusian culture and make up one of the world’s oldest wine-producing regions: Chiclana, Chipiona, El Puerto de Santa María, Jerez de la Frontera, Puerto Real, Rota, Sanlúcar de Barrameda and Trebujena. To learn more about the Route click here.
Last year, Dutch food blogger Cynthia Schultz (@cynthiapuntnl) won this competition with her herring with samphire pesto and smoked bloater crème, paired with Manzanilla San Leon.
2017’s winner, Neslihan Ivit from Turkey (@winesofnesli), presented Novia Scotia lobster matched with Manzanilla Papirusa.
Registrations must be received before 20th September, 2019.
Twenty finalists will then be chosen from all the entrants, and each finalist will receive a randomly-selected bottle of Sherry by 21st October 2019. They will have one week to come up with an original and innovative dish to match the Sherry they have been allocated. Dishes should ideally be local to where they live, perhaps a traditional recipe using regional, seasonal ingredients, which will enhance their allocated Sherry wine.
The wines in the blog must only feature the wines of the D.O of Jerez-Xeres-Sherry or the D.O of Manzanilla - Sanlúcar de Barrameda.
The final winner will NOT be chosen based on the reach of their blog, but instead on the creativity of the pairing and how they share their blog post on social media using the hashtag #sherryweekblog.
The winner will be chosen by a panel of judges including Beltran Domecq, President of Sherry’s Governing Council, Jonathan K Berntsen and Martin G Sørenson, winners of this year’s Copa Jerez, from Danish Michelin star restaurant Clou and Pepe Ferrer, gastronomy journalist and Ambassador to Sherry Wines.
Finalists will publish the blog post featuring the recipe pairing (with photos) any day during Sherry Week 4-10 November, to join in with Sherry Week’s celebrations, as well as sharing your pairing on social media channels.
1. The promoter is El Consejo Regulador Jerez-Xeres-Sherry, company no. CIF Q 1171002 G whose registered office is at Avda. Alcalde Álvaro Domecq, 2, 11402 Jerez de la Frontera, Cádiz, Spain.
2. There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
4. Closing date for entry will be 20th September 2019. After this date, no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
5. The 20 finalists will be notified by email on Monday 23rd September, and receive the sample wine no later than October 21st.
6. The recipe must be published online during the week of November 4th - 10th to be eligible to win.
7. By entering the competition the 20 finalists hereby authorise the promoter to publicly disclose and publish the recipe on sherry.wine in multiple languages, throughout an established period of copyright of a minimum of 12 months. Likewise, it is understood that this authorisation is given free of charge.
8. The final winner will be chosen by a team of judges includingThe winner will be chosen by a panel of judges including Beltran Domecq, President of Sherry’s Governing Council, Jonathan K Berntsen and Martin G Sørenson, winners of this year’s Copa Jerez, from Danish Michelin star restaurant Clou and Pepe Ferrer, gastronomy journalist and Ambassador to Sherry Wines.
9. The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
10. The promoter reserves the right to not fulfil the prize should the level of participation not meet the requirements stated.
11. The prize entails 3 complimentary meals for two including all Sherry Wines at Restaurant La Cruz Blanca, La Carbona and Atuvera, two nights’ accommodation at La Fonda Barranco, a personalized tour schedule visiting three bodegas with transport, and 500€ in cash towards overall travel expenses. No cash alternative to the prize will be offered. The prize is not transferable and is valid for a period of 12 months from the date when the winner is announced publicly. The reservation for both the Hotel and Restaurants must be made with a minimum of 3 months’ notice and will be dependent on the Hotel’s and Restaurant’s availability.
12. The winner is responsible for managing their own travel schedule and costs to and from Jerez. The promoter is not responsible for any additional costs outside of those listed in clause 11.