!-- Facebook Pixel Code -->
|Consejo Regulador de las Denominaciones de Origen "Jerez-Xérès-Sherry" - "Manzanilla-Sanlúcar de Barrameda" - "Vinagre de Jerez"|
Are you a food and/or wine blogger who excels at inspiring your audience with innovative culinary creations, perfectly paired with complementary wines? Can you rustle up a dish to form a match-made-in-heaven with Sherry?
From the bloggers who enter this competition, 20 finalists will be chosen to come up with a pour-and-pair with a specific Sherry.
THE COMPETITION IS NOW CLOSED, FOLLOW THE HASHTAG #SHERRYWEEKBLOG AND FOLLOW THE TOP 20 BLOGGERS AS THEY CREATE THEIR SHERRY PAIRING RECIPES.
You don’t have to be limited by Spanish cuisine – it could be a traditional dish celebrated in the region where you live currently or one you remember from your childhood, or where you grew you up. We want you to venture beyond typical pairings, and intrigue and surprise us with exciting flavour combinations. As all Sherry-lovers know, Sherry is not just an aperitif or dessert wine, but is highly versatile and pairs beautifully with a massive variety of foods, from cheese to game to seafood. Let your imagination run wild!
Why not be inspired by the professional chefs and sommeliers of the Copa Jerez Gastronomic Forum, the prestigious biannual international food and Sherry pairing competition? Find out more, click here.
The winner will enjoy a dinner for two at Lú Cocina y Alma Restaurant in Jerez de la Frontera, with a Sherry pairing menu designed exclusively by Chef-owner Juan Luis Fernandez, who trained with three-Michelin-starred Angel Leon of Aponiente. Since opening less than a year ago, in December 2017, Lú has created a huge buzz producing outstandingly creative, stunningly-presented contemporary seasonal dishes on his renowned tasting menus, such as Bresse pigeon in Sherry, and egg, chestnuts, mushrooms and ham.
The winner and their guest will stay at La Fonda Barranco, a converted 19th merchant’s mansion with Moorish décor, located in the heart of Sherry capital, close to the bodegas, and named as “one of the best hotels in Andalucia” by The Times.
Last year’s winner, Turkish wine blogger Nesli Neslihan Ivit of winesofnesli.com who is based in Canada, impressed the judges with her Nova Scotia lobster paired with Papirusa Manzanilla. Nedret’s prize was dinner for two at El Celler de Can Roca. She said: “The dinner was beyond my highest expectations. The best part was when we met Josep Roca.”
In total there were more than 100 entrants from nine countries, from Poland to the US, the UK to Japan.
Registrations must be received before 7th September, 2018.
Twenty finalists will then be chosen from all the entrants, and each finalist will receive a randomly-selected bottle of Sherry by 24th September 2018. They will have one week to come up with an original and innovative dish to match the Sherry they have been allocated. Dishes should ideally be local to where they live, perhaps a traditional recipe using regional, seasonal ingredients, which will enhance their allocated Sherry wine.
The wines in the blog must only feature the wines of the D.O of Jerez-Xeres-Sherry or the D.O of Manzanilla - Sanlúcar de Barrameda.
The final winner will NOT be chosen based on the reach of their blog, but instead on the creativity of the pairing and how they share their blog post on social media using the hashtag #sherryweekblog.
The winner will be chosen by a panel of judges including Juan Luis Fernandez, Chef-owner of Restaurant Lu Cocina y Alma in Jerez de la Frontera, Flannery Klette-Kolton & Kerin Auth Bembry from the USA - winning team of the Most Creative Pairing at the VII Copa Jerez International finals and Beltran Domecq, president of Sherry’s Governing Council.
Finalists will publish the blog post featuring the recipe pairing (with photos) any day during Sherry Week 8-14 October, to join in with Sherry Week’s celebrations, as well as sharing your pairing on social media channels.
1. The promoter is El Consejo Regulador Jerez-Xeres-Sherry, company no. CIF Q 1171002 G whose registered office is at Avda. Alcalde Álvaro Domecq, 2, 11402 Jerez de la Frontera, Cádiz, Spain.
2. There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
4. Closing date for entry will be 7th September 2018. After this date, no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
5. The 20 finalists will be notified by email on Monday 10th September, and receive the sample wine no later than September 24th.
6. The recipe must be published online during the week of October 8th – 14th, 2018 to be eligible to win.
7. By entering the competition the 20 finalists hereby authorise the promoter to publicly disclose and publish the recipe on sherry.wine in multiple languages, throughout an established period of copyright of a minimum of 3 months. Likewise, it is understood that this authorisation is given free of charge.
8. The final winner will be chosen by a team of judges including Juan Lu Fernandez, Chef-Owner of Restaurant Lú Cocina y Alma; Beltrán Domecq, President Consejo Regulador, and Flannery Klette-Kolton & Kerin Auth Bembry from the USA - the winning team of the Most Creative Pairing at the VII Copa Jerez International finals.
9. The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
10. The promoter reserves the right to not fulfil the prize should the level of participation not meet the requirements stated.
11. The prize entails a complimentary meal for two including all Sherry Wines at Restaurant Lú Cocina y Alma, three nights’ accommodation at La Fonda Barranco, a personalized tour schedule visiting three bodegas with transport, and 500€ in cash towards overall travel expenses. No cash alternative to the prize will be offered. The prize is not transferable and is valid for a period of 12 months from the date when the winner is announced publicly. The reservation for both the Hotel and Restaurant must be made with a minimum of 3 months’ notice and will be dependent on the Hotel’s and Restaurant’s availability.
12. The winner is responsible for managing their own travel schedule and costs to and from Jerez. The promoter is not responsible for any additional costs outside of those listed in clause 11.