To take part participants simply need to organise and host an event for International Sherry Week and register their event on www.sherry.wine/sherryweek before Sunday 7 October. Then, using #SherryWeek, share their success via #SherryWeek across social media platforms.
The judges will then select one winner who'll join a three day trip to meet the winemakers and visit the bodegas. (Terms and conditions apply, see below for details)
The winner will either be the biggest, most innovative, have achieved high sales or be the most engaging.
So it's time to get planning...
EUROPEAN DEVELOPMENT FUND ¦ A way to make Europe
Terms and Conditions
1. The promoter is El Consejo Regulador Jerez-Xeres-Sherry, company no. CIF Q 1171002 G whose registered office is at Avda. Alcalde Álvaro Domecq, 2, 11402 Jerez de la Frontera, Cádiz, Spain.
2. There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
3. Route to entry for the competition is via the registration form at sherryweek.wine
4. Closing date for entry is Sunday 7 October 2018. After this date, no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
5. The winning business or person will be notified by email on Monday 22 October.
6. The winners must be able to travel between Sunday 4 November to Thursday 8 November - for a maximum of three nights. The exact departure and return dates will be decided by Monday 22 October.
7. The final winner will be chosen by a minimum of two judges, including the UK campaign director and one member of the Consejo Regulador, Jerez.
8. The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
9. The promoter reserves the right to not fulfil the prize should the level of participation not meet the requirements stated.
10. The prize includes return flights from London airport (economy class) including one piece of luggage for the hold (max 15kg); transfers in Spain, 4-star accommodation in Jerez; all meals in Spain for the duration of the trip. Further travel requirements and conditions will be confirmed with winners in advance.
11. The winners are responsible for managing their own travel schedule and costs to and from UK departure airport (London). The promoter is not responsible for any additional costs outside of those listed in clause 10.
23 August 2018