Congratulations to the 25 semi-finalists whose incredible submissions blew the preliminary judges away. The competition for the top finalists was unbelievably close and should the opportunity arise, we highly recommend you seek them out to taste their amazing Sherry cocktails for yourself.
Be sure to check back soon when we'll announce the top finalists who will go on to compete live in Brooklyn, NY on Monday, October 5th!
- Ambrosio Agustin, Suffolk Arms, New York, NY - The Spanish Autumn (Amontillado)
- Jonathan Buonomo, Straight Law Bar, at Taberna de Haro, Brookline, MA - The Sour of Amontillado (Amontillado)
- Chris Cardone, White Street Restaurant & Bar, New York, NY - Charles (Fino)
- Jack Cholin, Local Edition, San Francisco, CA - La Frontera (Amontillado)
- Phil Clark, Mockingbird Hill, Washington, DC - Mai-Tai-loroso (Oloroso)
- Pietro Collina, The NoMad, New York, NY - Broken Spanish (Fino)
- Amanda Elder, Pouring Ribbons, New York, NY - Compliments of Mr. Harvey (Amontillado, Oloroso)
- Abigail Gullo, Compere Lapin, New Orleans, LA - Valentia (Oloroso)
- Yanni Kehagiaras, Liho Liho Yacht Club, San Francisco, CA - Castaway (Manzanilla)
- Jessica Lambert, Sable Kitchen & Bar, Chicago, IL - Que Buena Pinta (Amontillado, Oloroso)
- Michael Maller, Mateo, Durham, NC - Perfect Circle (Oloroso, Moscatel)
- Brian Means, Dirty Habit, San Francisco, CA - 3 Amigos (Fino, Palo Cortado, Moscatel)
- Christine Jeanine Nielsen, Angeline, New Orleans, LA - The Right Side of Jackson (Fino)
- Will Peet, Slowly Shirley, New York, NY - Flor d (Oloroso)
- Chad Phillips, Pennyroyal, Seattle, WA - Grapes of Wrath (Fino, Manzanilla, Amontillado, Oloroso)
- Shannon Ponche, Leyenda, Brooklyn, NY - Show Me Shandy (Manzanilla, Fino)
- Tom Richter, Dear Irving, New York, NY - The Peace Treaty (Manzanilla)
- Carlos Ruiz, Agricola, Princeton, NJ - El Peruanito (Oloroso)
- Jared Sadoian, The Hawthorne, Boston, MA - The Optimist (Palo Cortado)
- Annemarie Sagoi, The Drifter, Chicago, IL - Stranger Danger (Manzanilla)
- Ezra Star, Drink, Boston, MA - Old Fashioned del Calzada (Fino)
- Angel Teta, Ataula, Portland, OR - Lucky Number 7 (Amontillado, Medium Dry)
- Jenn Tosatto, The Rieger Hotel Grill & Exchange, Kansas City, MO - The Night Breed (Amontillado)
- Brendan Town, Top Flr, Atlanta, GA - The Screever (Manzanilla)
- Anna Welker, B&O Brasserie, Baltimore, MD - Farmstead (Oloroso)
The Sherry Cocktail Competition is a nationwide competition featuring bartenders/mixologists from across the country, who are challenged to create the best Sherry Cocktail in America. It was created to showcase the incredible diversity of Sherry wine, and its remarkable ability for use in cocktails and matching with food. Each entrant's cocktail had to be featured on a working, existing restaurant or bar cocktail program, and could be made with any style of Sherry, coming from any bodega in Jerez, Spain. Each semi-finalist was chosen from a pool of entries coming from all corners of the country.
At stake is an all-expense paid trip to Jerez and a scholarship to the Beverage Alcohol Resource (BAR) 5-Day Advanced Program!
For more information, contact Kate Burgess at email@example.com
22 September 2015