Congratulations to the 20 semi-finalists whose incredible submissions blew the preliminary judges away. The competition for the top finalists was unbelievably close and should the opportunity arise, we highly recommend you seek them out to taste their amazing Sherry cocktails for yourself.
Be sure to check back this week when we'll announce the top finalists who will go on to compete live in Brooklyn, NY on Tuesday, October 4th!
- Gerry Baker, The Mulefoot in Imlay City, MI - "Golden Triangle" (Oloroso)
- Jim Cunningham, Prado in Scottsdale, AZ - "El Cid" (Oloroso)
- Leanne Favre, Mayahuel in New York, NY - "Golden Hour" (Fino)
- Charlotte Hughes, ABC Cocina in New York, NY - "Veiled Remedies" (Moscatel & Manzanilla)
- Alexandra Jump, Easy Bistro & Bar, Chattanooga, TN - "La Sucia" (Fino)
- Benjamin Krick, Juniper Tar in San Antonio, TX - "Pamplona" (Oloroso)
- Nathan McCarley-O'Neill, The Nomad Bar in New York, NY - "On the "Vine" (Fino & Amontillado)
- Sahil Mehta, Estragon Tapas Bar in Boston, MA - "The Galleon" (Palo Cortado)
- Gabriella Mlynarczyk, Birch Restaurant in Los Angeles, CA - "#4 or The Umejito" (Manzanilla)
- Sarah Morrissey, Dear Irving in New York, NY - "The Taun Taun" (Amontillado)
- Laura Newman, Cienfuegos in New York, NY - "The 62 Degrees" (Manzanilla)
- Jon Nutter, ABC Kitchen in New York, NY - "Antiguo Amigo" (Amontillado)
- Meagan Schmoll, Tupelo Grille in Whitefish, MT - "The Bolero" (Amontillado & Manzanilla)
- Jonathan Shock, Catahoula Hotel in New Orleans, LA - "Coolest Kid in Class" (Manzanilla)
- Ezra Star, Drink in Boston, MA - "Canela de Jerez" (Palo Cortado)
- Brendan Town, The Lawrence in Atlanta, GA - "The Gift Horse" (Manzanilla)
- Chris Tucker, Hook & Ladder in Sacramento, CA - "El Principio y El Fin" (Fino & Moscatel)
- Kenneth Vanhooser, Piora in New York, NY - "Articulated Santos" (Amontillado)
- Allison Widdecombe, Williams & Graham in Denver, CO - "Through the Looking Glass" (Manzanilla)
- Alicia Yandell, Bellina Alimentari in Atlanta, GA - "Donna Fatale" (Amontillado)
The U.S. Sherry Cocktail Competition is a nationwide competition featuring bartenders/mixologists from across the country, who are challenged to create the best Sherry Cocktail in America. It was created to showcase the incredible diversity of Sherry wine, its remarkable ability for use in cocktails, and matching with food. Each entrant's cocktail had to be featured on a working, existing restaurant or bar cocktail program, and could be made with any style of Sherry, coming from any bodega in Jerez, Spain. Each semi-finalist was chosen from a pool of entries coming from all corners of the country.
At stake is an all-expense paid trip to Jerez and a scholarship to the Beverage Alcohol Resource (BAR) 5-Day Advanced Program!
For more information, contact Kate Burgess at email@example.com
21 September 2016